CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 2, 2008

It's been a long time!!







I'm sorry it's been so long since my last post. It's been a hectic, yet funfilled month! First of all, I started working Oct. 1st. My new job is teaching online. I'm still teaching Spanish, although it's more grading than teaching. The only time I work is when Gabriela is sleeping or napping; which cuts down on my free time to blog and scrapbook!

The month of October was packed full of visits. We had our Sister-in-law, nephews, Grandma, my Brother, Cousin Mike, Jeff's Mom and Boyfriend visit this month. We also went to a pumpkin patch with the Grimes', Brenda and Thomas. We also visited with Jeff's day, Granddaddy, Grandmommy, Aunt Aletta, and Uncle Bob. I'm sure we did more too, but I can't remember!!
Gabriela had her 6 month appointment this past Wed. She now weighs 18 lbs. 5 oz. and is 25 1/2 inches long. She is louder than ever and seems to want to talk really bad. She can roll from back to front and front to back; though she rarely rolls front to back. Gabriela also sits up pretty well but she's not at the point where she can position herself in that position. We have to put her in the sitting position.

We just started her on some solids and she's a little slow at getting the hang of it. I'm making all the baby food and I'm really enjoying it, not to mention it's really easy. She's tried rice cereal, apple sauce, green beans, bananas, and butternut squash. Her favorite is butternut squash which gives her gas apparently so I have to not give it to her as often.

As for her sleeping....well, she's still waking up about 3 times a night. The Pediatrician says that there is no reason for her to do so and to let her cry it out, but Jeff and I can't stand hearing her cry very long. I figure she'll sleep with due time! We'll see.

Halloween was fun! We went to Krystle and Andrew's, Joe and Esperanza's, Frenchie and Jerry's and my parent's house. We would have loved to go to Jeff's dad's house and many other houses, but we were short on time. At the end of our journey, Gabriela got really cranky which is to be expected since she was in and out of her carseat a lot in only a couple of hours.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Yay for updates!! She is such a cute lady bug!! And seriously, but where is time going? 6 months old! Wow!!
She is an amazing little girl! We just love her so much!
And you mentioned scrapbooking? Are you doing a book for her? FUN!