CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 29, 2008

Gabriela is 5 months old today!





Wow, it's been a little while since my last post. This past Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday we went to NJ to celebrate Jeff's Mom-mom's 82nd birthday. Happy birthday Mom-Mom!! Gabriela rolled to her left for the first time; still only from back to front. Wednesday night she had a slight fever and was whimpering most of the night. All I could do was rock her and hold her. She finally slept for about a 3 hour stretch. I thought/think that she is teething, but no pearly whites yet. She still wakes up twice or three times between 9 pm and 8:30 am, but I'm used to that now. It'll be nice to sleep through the night whenever that happens!
This past Saturday we went to a cookout from one of the ladies that was in our birthing class. Her daughter Olivia was born on May 13th. Another couple also came that was in our birthing class as well. They have a daughter named Charli that was born May 9th. The three of them rolled around on the floor and us adults laughed and compared stories. It was funny, every time Olivia got near Gabriela, Olivia would start crying. At the end of the evening, all three of them were crying, it was amusing.
This past Sunday, Aunt Carrie, Uncle Sam, Grandpa and Abuela came over for dinner. As usual we all had a good visit. It's sad that we live far from family, but we have to make the best of it when we see each other. Speaking of family, next week, Aunt Robin, Uncle Juan Miguel, and cousins Brandon and Colin will be visiting for a few days. We're really excited about that and we can't wait to meet our new nephew Colin.
Lastly, some of you know that I applied for an online teaching job and was waiting a while to find out if I got the position. After thinking I didn't get the job, they finally called me to offer me a position this past week. So far I've filled out and read a lot of paperwork. The job will require me to work approximately 10-15 hours a week from home. I have to be online for 1 hour a week at the same time/day and the other hours I can work whenever I have time. Sounds good to me, but we'll see what it ends up being. I will be teaching Spanish, but they have not told me what level or how many students I will have either. Apparently I will be spending the next week training. There are some different software programs that I will have to use and become familiar with before I start the actual instruction.
Well, please check out webshots for more new pictures. Until the next blog!

No comments: